I'm thinking about moving to Oslo and the region
Fjords and forests, festivals and food. Oslo is one of the most exciting European cities at the moment, mixing Nordic cool with continental charm. No wonder you’re considering joining the fun! Whether you have been thinking about moving to Oslo for a long time, or just started looking into it, relocating to a new country can be a daunting experience. From D-number and visa to resident permits, housing and cost of living - here is everything you need to know before moving to Oslo.
If you’ve already moved to Oslo, please have a look through our «Work in the Oslo region» section, which provides you with everything you need to know once you’ve arrived.
- 01 Do I need a job?
- 02 Recognition of foreign education
- 03 Secure your residence permit
- 04 How to get a D-number or national identification number
- 05 Open a Norwegian bank account
- 06 How to find housing in Oslo
- 07 Bring your family
- 08 Relocation services & toll
- 09 Cost of living in Oslo
- 10 Weather & climate in Oslo
- 11 Things to consider & what to expect in Oslo
- 12 Are you moving to Oslo as a student?